Friday, December 10, 2010

Where would I be without my extremities?

Today started out pretty terribly. My alarm didn't go off so I was late to work, I screwed this ladies order up so bad it took thirty minutes to fix, and I dropped every single thing I touched.

Needless to say, yarn shopping was needed to fix this situation. The first thing I bought was this.

It's Australian and for my grandma's stranded socks. I had a brain fart (and still do) so I'm not really positive that 800 yards is enough for two socks. I'm thinking I might do them toe up just in case. Because these two skeins cost $24. I don't really have to funds to make a $48 pair of socks. Next up was grandpa.

 Soxx Appeal is my all time favorite sock yarn. It's durable, sproingy, amazingly colored, not killer expensive, and warm. The yarn is a mint green (even though the picture makes it look winter day gray). Total cost for this pair of socks? $17. Finally, I needed pizzaz and passion for the socks for Nick (my unbelievable swoon-tastic boyfriend). Red for LOVE AND PASSION AND FIRE AND YELLING.
So there I was, yarn in hand browsing the store for anything else that looked amazing when I saw the knitting needles. In my head I was like, Jen, do you really need a new sock knitting needle? And because I had had a terrible day and I have three pairs of socks to finish in two weeks I responded with a "HELL YES" and bought these.
Essentially the same as the ones I have now, but with LACE tips. So it will make it go faster? Plus, now I can have a mitten needle and a sock needle. So I can never be without mittens or socks. Everyone knows that extremities are the most important part of the body. Overall I spent $70. Which may seem like a lot, but is totally worth it. And for 6 skeins of sock yarn and a pair of fancy circular needles it's like Taco Bell cheap. Mmmm. Taco Bell.

This means the Jaywalker socks are most likely going to have to chill until after the holidays. If they try and complain I'll just arrest them (HA!! GET IT?! Because jaywalking is illegal? I'm hilarious).

1 comment:

  1. Ten bucks for a good dose of crack might be considered taco-bell-cheap, but it's still a crack habit.

    Sorry you had a rough day. Sick blog.

    ReplyDelete