Thursday, December 16, 2010

The correct usage of NOM

I just realized that there are 8 days until Christmas. I still have two and a half pairs of socks to finish. The one grandpa sock that I made took three days and that was insanely good time. This means I am not going to finish in time. But I have a surprise for you...

I only have to knit 1.5 paris of socks total BEFORE Christmas! That means I have the exact right amount of time to finish my Christmas presents.

Wasn't that a great surprise?

So I took a little break from Christmas knitting to test knit a hat pattern. It's fantabulous. The pattern is called Off Center and I used my birthday alpaca (NOM NOM).

Isn't it weird how after you say alpaca you have to write nom nom? Anyways, here are the pictures.

















Aren't I adorable in my winter gear inside a heated house? The pattern is pretty simple but beautiful of course. In my experience, ribbed and simple patterns turn out the best. I'm definitely going to add a pom on top and maybe ear flaps? I'm a sucker for ear flaps. Here is a close up of that off centerness.
AND THE YARN IS GORGEOUS! ALPACA NOM!

Enough yelling.

Want to know how I started this morning? Like this.
Coffee. Knitting. Sitting in the sun. Grilled Cheese (not pictured).

Perfect. Morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment