Thursday, April 12, 2012

I swear I have a larger brain than a dinosaur

One of the perks of me looking for work is that you get to read my lovely blog every day.

I have an issue right now. I've been working on a test knit for a pamphlet (almost the big leagues) and just ran out of yarn with 1.5 rows to go. That is not the issue however. I quickly solved this problem using my sharp needle point wit and frogged one of my gauge swatches to produce a small ball of yarn.

Problem solved right? Wrong.

After literally 30 seconds of handling the ball, it disappeared. From the time I had it, I was in two places. The places are 10 feet apart. I have scoured the couches and the 10 feet between the two places and found zip.

Want to know the other highlight of my day? I found the grocery store!

Now this may sound like no big deal, but I just came from a town of 15,312 to a town of 77,693. Yes I've been in cities before, but that was in Colorado. Colorado has these majestic things called mountains and they are only in one direction. That means you always know which way is west. From what I can tell, Chicago doesn't have mountains (go figure eh).


It is pretty here though. And I get to ride motorcycles.

Worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment