Thursday, April 5, 2012

Hooker shoes, spiders, and packing... oh my

 This is what my life looks like. That is a picture of all of my possessions before I loaded them into my car. I am pleased to announce that approximately 1/3 of my stuff is related to knitting.

The other 2/3 is clothes and books and such.

I think this is pretty awesome. Not only because yarn is super easy to pack, but also because if I ever wanted to pack up and leave, all I have to do is throw stuff in my car. I don't want to be defined by my possessions. Unless, of course, I am defined by my yarn possessions. I'm ok with that.

Speaking of how awesome I am. I recently finished a pair of knee high socks that are beyond fabulous. I test knit the pattern for Atalante.
I have never worn these shoes out and probably never will. But they make awesome sock model shoes.


I added this picture because you can see my retarded dog.  He's adorable, but retarded.

That's right folks, there are spiders on the back of these.


see, spiders aren't scary
Little known fact: When I was a child I wanted to be an etymologist** (bug scientist).

** and by etymologist, I mean entomologist. (thanks to Lizz for catching typos!)

2 comments:

  1. Those socks ARE beyond fabulous! And I love the shoes, too, although I'd probably never wear them either.
    Lastly, as a little "I have an English degree that I don't use nearly enough" thing- Entomology is the study of bugs. Etymology is the study of word origins. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Lizz! I did know it was entomology, but thought it was spelled with an extra y so when spell check offered up 'etymology', I just accepted it.

    ReplyDelete