Friday, April 13, 2012

Booty booty booty booty rockin my booty

I have successfully written two cover letters and finished blocking my super secret test knit.

I was actually stoked to write one of the cover letters. Instead of the usual, "My name is Jen and I am professional and boring so hire me," I got to write a cover letter full of wit and sass and professionalism. It's to be a Groupon writer and I really hope I get an interview. I'm pretty sure it would be the coolest job ever. But since I never get interviews, my hopes are on the down-low.

Do you know what that means?!

It means new knitting project time! Usually I pick out some gorgeous yarn and scour Ravelry to find a sweet pattern. But then I remembered that giant trash bag full of unfinished projects I already have. I'm talking 5 gallons worth of projects. So I dug it out and rooted around (like a badger).

I found this.
That is a pair of booty shorts I started 3 years ago. Literally. On March 10th 2009, I thought it would be an excellent idea to knit a pair of shorts to fit over my rather large behind.

The funny thing with these is that they're almost done. All I have to do is the crotch and a couple rows on the legs and they're done.

This might beg the question, why didn't I just finish them three years ago then? The problems with these are two fold.
1) I'm not 100% sure what size I actually knit when I started this 3 years ago.
2) even if I did figure it out, I have lost like 20 pounds in the last 3 years.

That means even if I do finish these, they probably won't fit.

As you may have noticed, I am rather fond of finishing knitting projects. If I don't finish one, it is usually because of 2 reasons. The biggest reason is I'm not sure if the finished item will fit. The other reason is if I run out of yarn.

Picture this. I'm knitting and suddenly I actually look at what I'm making. It looks massive. or tiny. Point is, it doesn't look right. Instead of doing math and seeing if it will fit, or ripping it out if it's wrong, I start something else. I call this syndrome something super witty that will have you squealing with laughter.

(unfortunately I can't think of something super witty right now, so this is an opportunity to use your creativity!)

No comments:

Post a Comment