Friday, February 24, 2012

Nupp-a-polooza

Remember that awesome feat of knitting prowess that was the last post? Well here is the finished result. Those bumps are called nupps and are just a bunch of stitches knit together. Nupp should be the national word I think.
The only thing cooler than making nupps, is saying nupps (those bumps are nupps by the way)
Blocking lace is so essential


I call this one. Art.

Lace makes me swoon. Like old tires and arty pictures.
This is my best knitting picture ever. Hooray flowers!
So as you can see, it is by far the most beautiful thing I have ever made. I even contemplated framing it and selling it as art. But after much debating, I gave it to the person who deserved it the most. Bekky my bfffl! As a fellow knitter, she knows how much time and love goes into this. Also, I originally started making this for her as a condolence shawl (because she had a major loss in her life).

Today's lesson is. Knit lace shawls and say the word nupp compulsively.


2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heart my shawl! It's above my desk so I see it every single day and it reminds me of my bfffl! *gush* <3

    Sorry for the above post...I wanted to see if there was a way to identify myself other than "Unknown"...it didn't work. I'm Bekky if you couldn't tell.

    ReplyDelete