Tuesday, November 23, 2010

I've found my knitting mojo

Guess where my knitting mojo was hiding? In this sock.
Do you see that yarn?! It is bright and perky and self striping and FAN-tastic. There is a story behind the yarn.

A long long time ago on my birthday (specifically three weeks ago) I received a call from my boyfriend. He said, "I bought you yarn so look for it in the mail fair maiden."

I responded "oh prince charming, my hair is long and I wish you were a frog so I could make-out with you." Just kidding. I actually said, "Dost thou thinksts I am in the fable of Rumpelstiltskin? I can not spin your crap into gold." (I was afraid that he had bought me fun fur or red heart or something incredibly ugly)

"But Mistress, did you not forget how incredible I am?"

"Wait prince dude, you are confusing me with your double negatives."

"Lady, I am awesome. You're going to love it."

Lo an behold he not only picked out sock yarn, but also incredibly colorful, and wool.

My fair maidenhood* was saved.

*My fair maidenhood is not to be mistaken with my virginity. Good yarn deserves a great reward.

No comments:

Post a Comment