Monday, November 15, 2010

Hat Frenzy

Usually when I get obsessed with something knitting related, I know it. If I've been making socks for two months and all I can think about knitting for the rest of my life is socks, it's pretty safe to say that I'm in a sock rut.

But for the past three weeks, I've been obsessed with something and haven't even realized it. What is this elusive creature? The hat.

It started two weeks ago when I decided I needed something quick to knit and did the bonnet. Then I decided my boyfriend needed a hat that said "Rock Daddy" on it. Then I decided the hat my friend Jacob had been begging for the past few months deserved an existence. And now that I'm done with all of those, I'm aching to create a pattern for my birthday yarn (alpaca... nom). Unfortunately for you, my visual viewer, I only have a picture of the Jacob hat. I used cheap acrylic yarn and knit the fabulous pattern of Square Circle Hat. My only regret is that I was mildly retarded and had to bind off twice because my brain went mildly retarded.
.Since I do not have pictures of the rock daddy hat, here is a picture of a hat I made for another boy.
I don't really understand why I like making hats so much lately. Maybe it's because Starbucks is getting all Christmas ready with drinks and cups and music and holiday cheer.

It's enough to make me want to block out all sound from the world. Hence: hats.

Also, they keep your ears warm. Baby, it's cold outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment