Monday, March 19, 2012

The room I want to die in

Last week here was beautiful. I'm talking mid 50s. Now I know what you're thinking, you're thinking that mid 50s is not YOUR ideal temperature. I am here to tell you (as a professional meteorologist) that you are not entirely correct. Mid 50s for March in Gunnison, Colorado is the scientific ideal.

But today it decided to snow. That means I decided to do this.


I'm pretty sure fireplaces were invented to keep knitters knitting on cold days. Because if it wasn't for this fireplace, I would have given up on knitting and just hid under a blanket and sobbed.


Yesterday I said I had big news, and I do! I've recently acquired two new roommates so our house has been re-arranged and re-done about a million times. Let me tell ya though, it looks a bazillion times better. Not only does our house actually look like people live in it (instead of animals), but it looks like classy people live in it. The absolutely best part about the house is this:
Yarn, knitting books, man fitness eye candy poster, what more can a girl ask for?


THEY MADE ME A KNITTING ROOM! Now instead of scouring the house for needles and yarn, it's all in one place. The room gets tons of sun so I can just stretch out on that couch and knit until my hands fall off. It's the most beautiful thing anyone has ever done for me.

Now the bad news. Since I was able to re-organize my yarn, needles, and UFOs (un-finished objects for you non-knitters), I realize I have a problem that needs to be remedied.

Those are all of my projects that I started and never completed. I didn't count, but there are at least 8. They were forgotten but not for any longer. Starting tomorrow, I will be giving each unloved heap of stitches some love. Not just yarn love, but the best sort of love: blog love.

No comments:

Post a Comment