Monday, March 26, 2012

The Hippy Distraction

Remember how I was going to show you all my unfinished projects? I got distracted by something else.
That, good people who read my blog, is a drop spindle. You use it to spin yarn. That stuff you see on it is yarn.

I've also been distracted by the obscenely good weather. It's been 70 most of the week and it's MARCH. This is Gunnison, the coldest place in the nation. I am not complaining though. At all.

(For all you people thinking right now, 'I guess that global warming thing is real.' Here is a rant.)

First off, it's global climate change. This means that yes it will be warmer, but there will also be more floods, more tornadoes, more droughts, more deep freezes. It basically means the climate is going to shift. So if you usually get all your snow in April, you might get some of it in November and none in April. Also, yes it is happening. The vast majority of scientists agree and now the main disagreement is whether or not it's caused by humans.

Guess what all the research points to?! It's not just because of humans, but humans are a contributing factor.

If you want specifics, feel free to ask. I do have a degree in meteorology that I would like to put to use.

Anyways. I've been spinning yarn and becoming addicted to that. I love it because it feels more like painting and less like knitting. I can do other things while knitting and it mostly just keeps my hands occupied; but with spinning, it keeps my whole being occupied.

Great now I sound like a hippy. OH THE HORROR!

No comments:

Post a Comment