Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Segue... the final frontier... or the first

This'll have to be quick because class starts in six minutes.

I figured I should finish my segue discussion.

So now that you know that we are essentially passing an object with some sort of information in it, it should be easy to grasp what a segue is. All it is, is a way to pass information from one screen to the next.

Say you made an app to play mad libs. You have the user enter a word for each category (noun, type of weather, favorite color, verb) and then at the very end you want to show the filled out mad lib. You would have to make a segue to pass the word from the screen it was entered on to the last screen.

Pretty straightforward. The thing that tripped me up, was what segue was. It acts sort of weird in the code. It wasn't really a property, and it wasn't really a method, but then it was explained that it's it's own class.

and voila. I got it.

MORE TO COME LATER.

No comments:

Post a Comment