Saturday, March 9, 2013

Who wants right angles when life is so wrong?

What have I been doing with this non blogging time? I have been knitting an unusual amount of scarves and wraps. Case in point.


Alpaca? Why yes.
Lorna's Laces? Why yes it's the most gorgeous yarn of the universe.
Not my O face.

Where can you find these incredible patterns? At this lovely Etsy shop. For the past eightish months, I have been test knitting for the designer at the site listed above. She sends me the yarn and the pattern, and I create beautiful things. It's a pretty excellent combination. That is the reason for my sudden resurgence in scarves.

I have to admit there was a time in my young knitting life where I was not a fan of scarves. The rectangle... the repetition, the rectangle...

Some shapes just make me not want to knit. Rectangles are one of them. I mean four angles? Four sides? Yawn. Who wants right angles when life is so wrong? (That line was so perfect I had to use it in the title as well.

But I've seen the other side of right angles, the right side you may see (OHHHHHHHHHH). Rectangles are a pretty spectacular way to explore different lace and cable patterns. I like those. I like them a lot.

Tomorrow: We see the other side of my knitting... garments.

1 comment: