Sunday, June 17, 2012

Alpaca causes musical moments

It should not come as a surprise to you that I am terrible at updating this regularly. Over the past year and a half that I've had the blog, I think I've managed to be regular for two of those months. Maybe I need some blog-probiotics (a ha, yogurt/poop jokes)!

But in all honesty, I've been busy exploring Chicago and working. Oh yea, did I forget to mention that I have a job working 40 hours a week like a normal adult?! I actually get paid enough that I can finally start to think about buying a spinning wheel. Of course, I do have to move out of my boyfriend's parent's house...

Over the past couple months I've been doing a lot of test knitting. I've made a stole, sock, sweater, another sock, and shawl. Apparently I've been obsessed with things that start with the letter S. My current test knitting gig is so freaking awesome. I get sent yarn and a patten, I make the pattern and send the FO back to the designer, she takes pictures and sends me the FO back. Not only do I get brand new yarn all the time, but I get to keep what I make and since the patterns aren't always what I'd knit for myself, I have a stash of christmas presents.

I can finally be one of those knitters who don't wait until the last minute to make 4 shawls, 3 pairs of socks, and a hat for my closest 8 friends.

The yarn I have right now for a scarf pattern is what you would get if Brad Pitts body (super sexy nom) and a perfect summer day (so beautiful!) and Medusa (so pretty you can't look away!) had a yarn baby.

Yes that was a slightly ridiculous description, but I like to think of it as an existential yarn metaphor. EYM for short. Because when you knit with and see this yarn, all you can do is go EEEEEEEEEYM EEEEEEEEEYM.

Of course it's alpaca and even though it's summer and hot as a hornets nest, I am knitting with it and falling more in love with every stitch. This is where I burst into a song and dance routine reminiscent of a Dirty Dancing scene.

Now I've... Had the yarn of my life... and I've never felt this way about fiber...

No comments:

Post a Comment